Find Your WAI with Lindsey Means
#34 - Genius Zone + Dream Client Persona
June 15, 2020
- Hey Gorgeous! In this episode, we are going to go over what a genius zone is, how to find it, how to create a Dream Client Persona, and more!
Check out my freebies!
- #FindYourWai Coaching
- Want to work with me? Click here to learn more!
What is it?
- Your zone of genius is your unique power. It is a one-of-a-kind quality that you bring to your life and to your work and lets you do certain things better than almost anyone else. - David Hassell
- Gay Hendricks identified four different zones of function in his book, The Big Leap.
- 1. The zone of incompetence: In this zone, you are engaging in something you inherently do not understand or are not skilled at.
- 2. The zone of competence: In this zone, you are doing what you are efficient at, but recognize that many people are likewise efficient at it, thus not distinguishing your capabilities in any significant way.
- 3. The zone of excellence: In this zone, you are doing something you are tremendously skilled at. Often, the zone of excellence is cultivated, it's practiced and established over time.
- 4. The zone of genius: In this zone, you capitalize on your natural abilities which are innate, rather than learned. This is the state in which you get into "flow," find ceaseless inspiration, and seem to not only come up with work that is distinguished and unique, but also do so in a way that excels far and beyond what anyone else is doing.
Dream Client Persona
- "Your target audience is not “everyone.” Your task in defining your target group is to identify and understand your particular niche so you can dominate it."- Christina Newberry
- Detailed description of your perfect clientele as a whole consented in one persona.
- Give your DCP a story, with intimate details. Humanize them. Describe them like you’d describe your bestie